Re: No cursor when loading forthOS from HD

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 11:53:48 PST

> I've come across an annoying quirk, and that is when you finally manage to
> load ForthOS on the hard disk instead of the CD, the cursor disappears.

The problem is if you load by entering command mode of GRUB; for some reason
in this code path GRUB was leaving the cursor disabled. I have added
code to ForthOS to explicitly initialize the cursor, so you'll see this
quirk go away in the next release. If you boot from a menu (on your disk
or the CDROM), you wouldn't hit this bug.

Andy