Re: Boot problem

From: Bruce Rennie <brennie_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 14:47:31 PST

Andy Valencia wrote:

> Yes, your problem is that your disk isn't completing its operation.
> Are both your disk and its IDE controller totally standard?

As far as I know, they are. The CD drive is a Benq CD-RW 48x16 ATAPI
interface with dual-channel PCI-IDE controller. The machine itself is
about 7 years old and the CD drive is about 1 year old.

> Right, caps lock has caused me more trouble than it's ever saved me.
> It was with great pleasure that I skipped implementing it. :->

Fair enough.

> Inherited from eforth. I just checked and pfe lets you use lower case,
> so maybe I should, too.

It would help not having to hold the shift key down for individual
digits of a hex number.

> Andy

Keep the good work going.

regards