Re: Boot problem

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 09:59:58 PST

Bruce Rennie <brennie@dcsi.net.au> wrote:
> F2 displays
> Task1
> at bottom of screen. If I then press <Enter> it displays
> Ok

Cool... so the basic screen access is there. Does your cursor look OK,
or is it invisible? I believe this has to do with whether you boot
ForthOS from manually typing commands to the GRUB prompt, or using the
menu.

> If I type anything in F1 and then select F2 or F3 or F4 then whatever
> I've typed will be displayed in the selected task.
> No response is obtained from F1 screen.

Dang, that's weird. It sounds like the first screen's task is doing
something else, rather than looking for keystrokes. But it's not simply
hung, because multitasking is working fine (ForthOS does not use
preemption). From F2's screen, can you do "os..procs" and tell me what
it shows you?

Andy