Re: Filesystem problems

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 12:38:27 PST

> This is exactly the right methodology for hunting down what's wrong here,
> and I thank you for your patience (I know how much tedium is involved in
> this level of debugging!).

One other thought I had was that you should side step the filesystem
entirely and see if basic disk I/O is working OK. Just do
20000 v
and then dG to clear out the block, and then Rsometextblahblah...<esc>
and then ZZ. Does it write out to disk? Can you 20000 v again and
see the contents? How about after a reboot? Do you encounter hangs?

Andy